offered by First Step Coding
Bootcamp Prep is an 8-week part-time course designed to help you achieve three goals:
2) Find out for sure if you truly enjoy coding and show promise as a developer.
3) Get admitted to a top bootcamp to build on your skills & become a software engineer!
This course is divided up into a series of three modules. Core Training has a strict meeting schedule & pace, but other modules allow for some flexibility.
CORE TRAINING: 4 WEEKS (IN-PERSON or ONLINE)
• Meet two evenings per week in a classroom with a 6:1 ratio of students to teachers.
• Get live support from instructors during class & office hours.
FRONT END WEB DEVELOPMENT: 3 WEEKS (ONLINE)
• Learn to develop like a professional using VS Code
• Master debugging in Chrome Dev Tools
• Delve deeper into intermediate topics with an additional guest lecture
• Build an interactive front-end for an API-driven web application in a final capstone project – with opportunities to add your own creative features
MOCK INTERVIEWS & ADVISING: 1 WEEK (ONLINE)
• Complete a mock bootcamp interview with an instructor and receive your official Bootcamp Readiness Score
• Get advising and recommendations on next steps in your coding journey