In this learning path, you will receive a high-level overview of the cybersecurity landscape and gain a solid technical foundation on security assessment, penetration testing and security hardening to protect your yourself and your organisation’s security systems.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
• Utilise scanning tools to perform vulnerability checks and assessments of existing systems. Able to understand the cyber kill chain and map penetration testing activities to kill chain reporting.
• Learn about the MITRE ATT&CK framework and map penetration testing activities to the framework. Learn about passive and active scanning capabilities that Understand about threat actors activity and how hackers perform intrusions against an enterprise.
• Learn about Center for Internet Security (CIS) framework for securitydefence. Map penetration testing activities that are in compliance with CIS standards.
• Perform security hardening on configuration policies in a Windows and Linux environment against security standards like National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
• Understanding how threat actors operate on social engineering level via phishing and malicious site attacks.
• Web application vulnerabilities discovery and management. Recording steps of web vulnerabilities discovery and recommendations to remediate.
• Attack methods from threat actors and security controls to manage those threats. Recording steps of delivery and exploit as well as recommendations to remediate.
3-day / 21 hour duration