* What will I do as a full-stack developer?
The full-stack developer can handle both backend and frontend tasks, although they may not necessarily be an expert in either. If you’re torn between learning multiple technologies, this might be the path for you! Full-stack developers may:
– Build a site backend in programming languages such as Ruby
– Use front-end libraries or frameworks
– Manage application deployment and put projects on servers
– Perform sysadmin tasks
– Run SQL queries on databases
– Want to deep dive into web development? You can read about it here.
* How much will I earn?
Web development can be a lucrative career with many prospects opening up as you continue to rack up valuable experience. Here is what you might expect to earn in your career as a full-stack web developer:
Beginner: $50,000 – $80,000
2-5 years: $70,000 – $90,000
5+ years: $100,000 +
Beginner: £30,000 – £40,000
2-5 years: £40,000 – £60,000
5+ years: £60,000 +
* What are my job prospects?
This degree program can prepare you for the following jobs:
– Full-stack developer
– Junior front-end developer
– Junior back-end developer
* Who is eligible to enroll?
This degree program is accessible to all, but here are some recommendations:
– A high school degree
– A good level of English
– Access to a computer (PC or Mac), headphones, a webcam
– Internet access
* What will I learn?
In this path, you’ll learn how to:
– Write backend Ruby code
– Create Ruby on Rails applications
– Integrate React with Ruby on Rails
– Query a database that uses and stores information
– Deploy a website online
– Implement unit and integration tests
– Write project documentation
– Optimize performance
– Analyze a project and choose a technical solution
– Design technical architecture using UML diagrams
* How will I learn at OpenClasssrooms?
Our learning method is unique and revolves around two elements: professional projects and dedicated mentoring sessions.
At OpenClassrooms, learning is project-driven because that’s the fastest way to become proficient. Projects offer hands-on experience so you can hit the ground running when you start your new job.
During your path, you will be allocated a mentor who will offer one-to-one support via weekly video conference sessions. This mentor will offer guidance on your projects, help define objectives and guide you until you reach them. Our mentors are dedicated professionals who are experts in their field and have experience in sharing their know-how with our students.
* Your degree
OpenClassrooms is an official private distance learning establishment registered with the Board of Education in Paris, France that grants its own degrees as well as those of prestigious academic partners.
Upon completion of your studies and validation of your skills by an academic jury, you will earn a “Web developer (Développeur(euse) d’application)” Bachelor’s-level Degree, registered with the National Directory of Professional Certifications (RNCP).
This degree is at level 6 on the EQF (European Qualifications Framework).
If you have questions about its equivalence in order to undertake further study, contact your university or master’s program.
* Your Job Guarantee
At OpenClassrooms we are committed to helping you find your ideal job. We promise.
By following the learning path “Full-stack developer”, you’ll learn an exciting new profession with great career prospects.
What’s more, you’ll find a job within six months of graduating or we’ll give you your money back!