* What will I do as Ruby developer?
Ruby developers write backend code in, of course, the programming language Ruby! This versatile and accessible language is a great choice for people starting out in development or for experienced developers looking to make a switch. Thanks to the Ruby on Rails framework, it’s easy to build full websites from A to Z by using a few simple commands.
Ruby developers could be in charge of:
– Creating Ruby programs from scratch
– Using the Ruby on Rails framework to create websites
– Deploying Rails applications
– Scaling Rails applications
– Bringing mock-ups to life in a beautiful and consistent manner
– Optimizing page loading time
– Communicating with front-end developers for information exchange across the application
– Using best practices to structure Ruby code
– Writing tests to ensure the site’s back-end accounts for all possible uses
– Ensuring the maintenance and growth of a site’s back-end
* How much will I earn?
By following this path, you could end up in a job with the following salaries:
Beginner: $60,000 – $80,000
More experienced: $80,000 – $200,000+
Beginner: £30,000 – £45,000
More experienced: £45,000 – £100,000
* What are my job prospects?
This path can prepare you for the following jobs:
– Ruby developer
– Ruby on Rails developer
* Who is eligible to enroll?
This degree program is accessible to all. Here are some recommendations:
– A high school degree
– A good level of English
– Access to a computer (Mac, Linux-based, or a PC), headphones, a webcam, and a good internet connection
To earn the degree, you’ll need to complete all projects and have them evaluated by your mentors. Your work will then be evaluated by a jury composed of professionals. Follow the courses offered in the path to prepare yourself for the projects.
* What will I learn?
In this path, you’ll learn how to:
– Write Ruby code
– Read and write object-oriented programs
– Build a website with the Ruby on Rails framework
– Deploy a Rails application
– Publish code as a Ruby gem
– Write HTML and CSS
– Analyze a project and choose a technical solution
– Design technical architecture using UML diagrams
– Query a database that uses and stores information
– Write project documentation
– Optimize performance
* How will I learn at OpenClassrooms?
Our learning method is unique and revolves around two elements: professional projects and dedicated mentoring sessions.
At OpenClassrooms, learning is project-driven because that’s the fastest way to become proficient. Projects offer hands-on experience so you can hit the ground running when you start your new job.
During your path, you will be allocated a mentor who will offer one-to-one support via weekly video conference sessions. This mentor will offer guidance on your projects, help define objectives and guide you until you reach them. Our mentors are dedicated professionals who are experts in their field and have experience in sharing their know-how with our students.
* Your degree
OpenClassrooms is an official private distance learning establishment registered with the Board of Education in Paris, France that grants its own degrees as well as those of prestigious academic partners.
Upon completion of your studies and validation of your skills by an academic jury, you will earn a “Web developer (Développeur(euse) d’application)” Bachelor’s-level Degree, registered with the National Directory of Professional Certifications (RNCP).
This degree is at level 6 on the EQF (European Qualifications Framework).
If you have questions about its equivalence in order to undertake further study, contact your university or master’s program.
* Your Job Guarantee
At OpenClassrooms we are committed to helping you find your ideal job. We promise.
By following the learning path “Ruby developer”, you’ll learn an exciting new profession with great career prospects.
What’s more, you’ll find a job within six months of graduating or we’ll give you your money back!