The 2-course SQL Server Administrator bootcamp includes coverage of relational database fundamentals, SQL programming and administering SQL Server 2016 databases.
Our unique approach combines on-demand streaming with personal facilitation and comprehensive hands-on exercises to assure successful training and competence in the IT workplace. Our support staff provides personal setup assistance, guidance and lab equipment setup for each student. An instructor is assigned to each student to assist in completing lab exercises and to help with any questions about the course content. Our classes are designed to be 50% lecture and 50% hands on exercises. Lab exercises are performed via direct high-speed access to a dedicated lab machine, providing responsive interaction and anywhere/anytime accessibility by the lab facilitator as well as the student.
This bootcamp provides a solid understanding of relational database design concepts, coding and utilizing SQL queries and database management tools. It includes comprehensive coverage of SQL syntax including complex queries, as well as creating and using stored procedures, functions, views and triggers. Administration topics include installing and configuring SQL Server, backing up and restoring databases, configuring security as well as monitoring and optimizing performance of a SQL Server.
Students Will Learn:
– Designing normalized table structures for relational databases
– Creating databases and tables
– Writing SQL queries
– Using subqueries
– Using triggers and stored procedures
– Installing and configuring SQL Server 2016
– Using the SQL Server client tools to manage and configure SQL Server
– Configuring security in SQL Server
– Backing up and restoring databases
– Replicating data using SQL Server replication
– Monitoring events and data changes on a SQL Server
– Managing multiple SQL Server instances using central management