Pursuit offers a fellowship program that trains individuals in full-stack web development, iOS mobile development, and Android mobile development in New York City. Through the four-year intensive program, Pursuit trains adults with the most need and potential to get their first tech jobs, advance in their careers, and become the next generation of leaders in tech.
First, a 10- or 12-month intensive training course to enable Fellows to get their first tech job. Then, three years of one-on-one support to help them thrive in their careers.
For the Core phase of the program, the curriculum is structured across three pillars: technical mastery, professional skills, and industry fluency. Fellows work collaboratively in teams, guided by expert instructors and volunteers. Everyone ships multiple products during the course of the program.
Students can choose from two Core program schedules: The daytime program meets Monday through Friday over 10 months. The nights & weekends program meets all day Saturday and Sunday as well as in the evening Monday through Wednesday over 12 months.
Applicants do not need prior coding experience, but must meet the eligibility criteria:
– Age 18 or older
– Committed to working as a full-stack or mobile developer after graduating
– Current annual salary of no more than $45,000
– A resident of the New York metropolitan area
– Eligible to work in the United States
– Able to participate in all scheduled program classes, workshops, and program events for the full duration of the program
The price of Pursuit is $0 upfront plus 12% of future income for 3 years upon getting a tech job with a salary above $60,000.
– If a Fellow does not secure a tech job, there is no payment due.
– If a Fellow earns less than the $60,000 annual salary threshold, there is no payment due.